The Best Refrigerators 2018 Reviews for You to Buy Do you love to eat an ice cream? Or do you like cooking? A refrigerator will assist you in doing your favorite hobbies. Making an ice cream is an easy job to do with the help of refrigerator. When you are cooking, there are some left ingredients. Do you feel guilty to throw the left ingredients? Do not worry just put them in your refrigerator. If you do not have one, just go and buy one. However, there are some criteria for the best refrigerator for you to buy.
Products from Amazon.com
Kenmore 60502 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator with Glass Shelves in White, includes delivery and hookupPrice: $479.99Was: $499.99
Price: Out of stock
Price: Check on Amazon
Best Refrigerators 2018 Reviews – 10 TOP Buyer’s Guide Under 1000$
This article will talk about each criterion. So, note some important and useful points that you may consider later. If you want to find the best refrigerator for 2018, this is the right place. Before going further, you need to set your purpose in buying a refrigerator. Whether it is only for saving foods or to make ice cream. Having a purpose will help you a lot in choosing the right refrigerator.
Types of Refrigerators
Refrigerators are built in different types to serve different purposes. Each of them will have its own pros and cons. Generally, there are types of refrigerator viewed from its build. They are:
1. Top-mount freezer
This is the most common type of refrigerators with two separate doors. The bottom door is usually bigger and the second one is on the top which smaller. Like its name, the top one is for the freezer. Commonly it has the capacity of approximately twenty-two cubic feet. It is very economical and has the lowest costs among other types. However, you will stop often to store or take any things from the refrigerator because of their place in the bottom.
2. Bottom-mount freezer
In contrast to the top-mount freezer, this refrigerator puts the freezer at the bottom. With thirty cubic feet capacity, best-rated refrigerators bottom freezer has pull-out freezer drawers. Other than bigger capacity, this refrigerator eases you in putting and taking food because you do not need to stoop. It is also easy to check the food in your refrigerator. However, the downside of this model that you have to bend when you want to take any ice cubes or frozen food. But do not worry, you can do it with your feet.
3. French door
Similar to its name, this type has two doors in the top part and one door in its bottom part. The refrigerator is on the top and the freezer is on the bottom. Its capacity is alike with the bottom-mount refrigerator that is thirty cubic feet. Some products of these refrigerators have some narrow drawers between the top and the bottom door. The drawers function for vegetables and fruits.
With two wings doors, the door requires less space and it is good for small space kitchens. Its downside is that it requires you to open with two hands if you want to see full of your refrigerator. Moreover, if you have short-term memories you may open the wrong door since there are several doors in the refrigerator.
4. Side by side
With thirty cubic feet as its capacity, this refrigerator has the same space, but a different portion. Most refrigerators divide freezers and refrigerators horizontally. This type divides the freezer and the refrigerators vertically. What makes it unique is that the freezer has water dispensers and ice makers. The size of the freezer in this type is the biggest compared to the other one. With narrow windows, the swing space is also narrow so suitable for the small kitchen. However, you can store any wide foods in this refrigerator such as pizza. Consumer Energy Center also states that this type requires the biggest energy among others.
Viewed from the appearance of the outside, this type of refrigerator has several styles. From the inside, this refrigerator has many cabinets and a built-in look. The cabinetry can be customized that makes several appliances disappear virtually. It has the biggest capacity among other types that will take more space. The fridge is also very expensive. 7000-1000 dollar
Before bringing one refrigerator to your house, there is one thing you should consider that is the size. You should measure the space of your kitchen or room where you will place the refrigerator. The measurement will help you in determining the size and the types of the refrigerator. Other than that, refrigerator best price will also consider the size of your refrigerator. In general, these are the size of each type of refrigerator.
1. Top-mount freezer: 30-33 inches wide and 66 inches height
2. Bottom-mount freezer: 30-36 inches wide and 67 inches height
3. French door: 30-36 inches wide and 68 inches height
4. Side-by-side: 32-36 inches wide and 71 inches height
5. Built-in: 36-38 inches wide and 70 inches height
Features in Refrigerators
To ease the users, some refrigerators are equipped with some features. This is the list of some features in refrigerators that you may find.
1. Adjustable shelf slides, some shelves are permanent and cannot be modified, however with adjustable shelf slides, you can make more space in your fridge.
2. Automatic defrosting, when the temperature is too low in your fridge and everything starts to freezing, you do not need to change the temperature as it is automatically defrosting.
3. Water dispensers, you do not need any water dispensers and it can save up your space.
4. A status indicator, it will notify you when you should change the water filter.
5. Energy monitoring, this feature will sync up the smart grid such as the Nest Learning Thermostat and will save you from defrost cycles which are costly in lowest energy rates.
6. Voice control cooperated with Alexa technology this feature will help you to control the fridge while you are required to keep moving.
7. Smart multi-tasking, using wi-fi now this feature will assist you in doing daily routine such as heating up water.
8. Fridge cameras, if you are in a grocery store and forget what things are missing in your fridge, you only need to check it using your phone. The camera in the fridge is connected to your phone.
9. Touch screen or kitchen command centers, if you used to stick some notes on your fridge, say no more. This feature enables you to show some notes on its touchscreen or display current date or setting cooking timer.
10. Warranty, the best features among others is this feature because it will save your money from any future damages. Best refrigerator warranty usually last for one year at least. Do not forget to check the warranty every time you buy electronic appliances
Prices and Where to Buy
Different types also have different prices. To give you a clear insight of refrigerator prices, here is the list of the prices for each type.
1. Top-mount freezer: 500 – 800 dollars
2. Bottom-mount freezer: 1800 dollars and more
3. French door: 1500-2700 dollars
4. Side-by-side: 1200-3100 dollars
5. Built-in: 7000 dollars and more
Those numbers are fantastic, aren’t they? If you have the low budget, you might wait for a refrigerator sale clearance. They offer crazy prices sometimes such as discount or price reductions. If you are too lazy to go out for a sale clearance, you should go check some online sites. Refrigerators at home depot are friendly with your finance. you could get the same quality refrigerator at more reasonable prices in the home depot.
Other than home depot, sears refrigerators on sale clearance are also some of the best the refrigerators. Their quality and durability are nothing to be questioned. You only need to click sears refrigerators on sale and consider which one is the best refrigerator for you to buy.
Other than the price, energy consumption is also one thing worth to consider. Since it affects not only your monthly payment but also to the environment. Different types and brands of refrigerators require the different amount of energy. In average, a refrigerator usually consumes 34.5 kWh up to 150 kWh. As for example, a refrigerator with 34.5 kWh energy will cost you 3.8 dollars per month and 150 kWh energy will cost you around 16.5 dollars per month.
To know the energy consumption, you can check on its manual or ask the salesperson. To find the best refrigerator with best energy consumption you can see the comparison in best refrigerator reviews. Many reviews also insert energy consumption into their main topics.
Tips on Maintaining a Refrigerator
If you have one fridge, you should take care of it. Otherwise, it will cost you a lot from the damages that may arise. To prevent any damages, here are some tips based on consumer reports refrigerators in maintaining refrigerator:
1. Cover everything that you put in your fridge.
2. Vacuum fridge’ back.
3. Do not put hot foods in your fridge.
4. Do not let the fridge empty, and if you do not have anything to put just put some water.
5. Check its door.
Those are some useful information about refrigerators. Hope it can help with finding the best refrigerators 2018 Reviews for you to buy. Good luck.
|1||Kenmore 60502 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator with Glass Shelves in White, includes delivery and hookup|
|2||Danby DAR026A1BDD-3 Designer Compact All Refrigerator, 2.6-Cubic Feet, Black|
|3||Kenmore 50043 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Water and Ice Dispenser in Stainless Steel, includes delivery and hookup|
|4||Midea WHD-113FSS1 Double Reversible Door Refrigerator and Freezer, 3.1 Cubic Feet, Stainless Steel|
|5||Haier 3.2 cu ft Refrigerator, Stainless Steel 2-Door for Dorm, Garage, Camper, Gameroom, Basement or Office with Separate Freezer Compartment for Cold Food Storage and Frozen Meals|
|6||Danby DPF073C1BSLDD Designer 7.3 cu.ft. Two Door Apartment Size Refrigerator, Steel|
|7||Hisense RR63D6ASE Refrigerator with Single Door and Freezer, 6.3 cu. ft, Stainless Silver|
|8||RCA-Igloo 3.2 Cubic Foot 2 Door Fridge and Freezer, White|
|9||Avanti RA7306WT 2-Door Apartment Size Refrigerator, White|
|10||RCA RFR321-FR320/8 IGLOO Mini Refrigerator, 3.2 Cu Ft Fridge, Stainless Steel|